Lafayette Charter Foundation
Lafayette Charter Foundation is the charter petitioner and holder. The Lafayette Charter Foundation is a Louisiana not-for-profit corporation organized exclusively for educational purposes and is comprised of respected leaders from Southwest Louisiana that are committed to providing high quality educational options for the citizens of Lafayette Parish.
For more information, or if you have any questions, please click here.
The Board of Trustees is responsible for developing and outlining the mission, vision, and values of the school and developing the appropriate policies to ensure those fundamentals are maintained. The Lafayette Charter Foundation Board of Trustees has contracted with a professional education management organization, Charter Schools USA, to provide all necessary management and professional expertise. Charter Schools USA assists in developing, planning, and marketing the School, as well as finance, human resources, curricula and school operations. Charter Schools USA is responsible for developing and implementing the ongoing operational procedures in accordance with the mission, vision, and values outlined by the Board.
The Board of Trustees is responsible for the legal and financial obligations of Acadiana Renaissance Charter Academy. The Board establishes policy consistent with the school’s mission and ensures the school’s programs and operations adhere to the terms of the charter including compliance with statutory and regulatory requirements. The Board will continue to uphold the mission and vision of the school through visible leadership and stewardship of the school, including the following:
- Communicating the mission and vision of the school to the community
- Recruiting and mentoring Trustees to ensure they have shared values
- Holding Charter Schools USA accountable to achieving the mission and vision of the school
- Participating in fund raising and other community events on behalf of the school
- Leading by example in their personal and professional endeavors
The Foundation’s Board of Trustees is comprised of a diverse and talented group of community leaders, with a skillset including business management, finance, education, government relations, community work, religious leadership, economic and workforce development, human resources, advocacy, and youth services. The board members are passionately committed to improving public education for ALL students in Lafayette and are actively involved in the philanthropic and/or business community of the Lafayette area.
Collectively, the Foundation’s Trustees have a long track record of impacting education reform and community development in Lafayette Parish. The Foundation’s impressive Board of Trustees are:
- Dr. Mary Louella Riggs-Cook – Board President
- Carlos Harvin – Vice President
- Karen Miller – Treasurer
- Virginia Jones – Secretary
- Fernando Perez-Viart – Trustee
- Erica Williams- Trustee
- Jeremy Howard–Trustee
Annual Budget 2016
Student Privacy Information
- Information regarding Student Privacy
- Management Agreement and Addendum
- Privacy Complaint form
- Bayou Speech Contract and Addendum
- E-Funds Contract and Addendum
- Mathletics Contract and Addendum
- MicroCheck Contract and Addendum
- PowerSchool Contract and Addendum
- Progressus and Progressus 2 Contract and Addendum
- TTM Contract and Addendum
Parent Grievance Procedure
If a parent has a grievance or complaint, please follow the process below:
- Seek to resolve the problem with the teacher, if applicable.
- If problem is not resolved, meet with school administration via an appointment.
- If still unresolved, please contact School Support, CSUSA at 954-202-3500.